1. Always use a zebra crossing where available look right, look left, look right again and proceed when the course is clear.
2. Always use pavements and footpaths where available.
3. Always avoid walking with your back to the traffic.
4. If you step onto the road, look both sides before proceeding.
5. Don't wander about, sit, trade or play around on the road.
6. If you go drinking make sure you arrange a safe means of transport to take you back home.
7. All drivers are by law instructed to stop when they observe a pedestrian trying to cross the road